I had many jobs. Here is a list of the jobs I had in my life in order.
- Property maintenance (landscaping, garbage removal, cleaning, painting)
- Graphic design (digitized school crest and course calendar for high school and some designs for post-secondary)
- Daycare worker
- Farm work 🙂
- Produce clerk during nights till early mornings at large supermarket
- Pharmacy assistant at large pharmacy
- Host and cleaner at buffet
- English teacher overseas
- Produce clerk again during nights and some days
- Dishwasher and food prep at buffet
- Computer technician at computer repair store
- Technology journalist for RealHardwareReviews.com
- Graphic designer for RealHardwareReviews.com
- Graphics designer artwork for Carey Holzman Tech YouTuber and Tech Podcaster
- Computer sales associate at Best Buy
- Cell phone sales associate in large supermarket
- Team member at Taco Bell 🙂
- Peer-tutor at college for practical nursing
- Self made stuff: trying to build software and write (FreeTimeTech.com, BenchTweakGaming.com, FirstGenProgrammer.com)
- Web designer for a non-profit organization charity
All these experiences helped me. Programming work was so hard. I always wanted to give up and do computer technician work for life instead.
Having this job, computer technician, was a backup. It helped and did not help me. I mean I needed it to grow but I always wanted to do it instead of the difficult programming I encountered. It will take me over 4 years to complete my computer programming diploma when it should only take 2 years. I hope to finish by May 2022. I started in Sept 2017. I hope to finish 😝.
Web designing so far is OK as a lot of website work uses already made packages like WordPress and very usable themes.
In the future, I plan to learn more web development. I like only Windows desktop software development. So it will be tough!